- Postpone laundry, dishwashing and bathing until later
- Temporarily adjust your thermostat four degrees—higher in the summer and lower in the winter
- Close all draperies and window blinds to reduce energy loss
- Turn off unneeded lights and appliances
- Avoid use of large electrical items, including clothes washers and dryers, during peak alert conditions
- Put your pool pump on a timer and have the pump “off” during summer peak time, between 2 - 6 p.m.
- Join the nearly 4,300 Firelands Electric members who have a PeakBuster control installed in their home