Electric Vehicle Charger Rebates
Firelands Electric now offers a $250 rebate to members who install an electric vehicle (EV) Level 2 (240-volt) charger in a home, office, or other building which receives its electricity from the cooperative. This program is only available to members of the cooperative.
1. Unit must be new and certified by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (U.L. Listed) and Edison Testing Laboratories (ETL Listed).
2. Equipment must be installed in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and meet all federal, state, and local laws and building codes.
3. Charging unit must be wall or pedestal mounted, and can be installed on an existing building or on new construction.
4. EV Level 2 charger installed must be new. Chargers that are portable, resold, rebuilt, used, or received from warranty insurance claims are not eligible for this rebate.
1. A Firelands Electric Cooperative representative must conduct an on-site visit to verify installation of the EV Level 2 charger at the member’s home or business.
2. Member must provide a copy of purchase AND installation receipt(s) for the unit installed.
3. A maximum of two charger rebates may be paid per residential member home, and a maximum of six charger rebates may be paid per non-residential commercial building
4. The equipment must be installed between July 1, 2019 and June 15, 2020. However, rebate is currently retroactive to include installations as of Jan. 1, 2019.
5. Rebate will be paid by check to the member on record for the location.
*Firelands’ EV Level 2 charger rebate budget is limited. Offer expires when funds are depleted on a first come, first served basis, or when the program is discontinued.
Click here for a printable version of Firelands Electric Cooperative's rebates programs.