Firelands Electric now offers a $250 rebate to members who install an electric vehicle (EV) Level 2 (240-volt) charger in a home, office, or other building which receives its electricity from the cooperative. This program is only available to members of the cooperative.
- Unit must be new and certified by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (U.L. Listed) and Edison Testing Laboratories (ETL Listed).
- Equipment must be installed in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and meet all federal, state, and local laws and building codes.
- Charging unit must be wall or pedestal mounted, and can be installed on an existing building or on new construction.
- EV Level 2 charger installed must be new. Chargers that are portable, resold, rebuilt, used, or received from warranty insurance claims are not eligible for this rebate.
- A Firelands Electric Cooperative representative must conduct an on-site visit to verify installation of the EV Level 2 charger at the member’s home or business.
- Member must provide a copy of purchase AND installation receipt(s) for the unit installed.
- A maximum of two charger rebates may be paid per residential member home, and a maximum of six charger rebates may be paid per non-residential commercial building
- The equipment must be installed between July 1, 2022 and June 15, 2023.
- Rebate will be paid by check to the member on record for the location.
*Firelands’ EV Level 2 charger rebate budget is limited. Offer expires when funds are depleted on a first come, first served basis, or when the program is discontinued.
Click HERE for a printable version of Firelands Electric Cooperative's rebates programs.