2022 TRUSTEE ELECTIONS
In 2022, Firelands Electric Cooperative members will elect board trustees to represent districts 4, 5, and 8. Any member of the co-op who is in good standing and resides in a district with an open spot on the board is welcome to run for that position.
Nomination petitions to become a candidate for the 2022 elections will be available at the Firelands Electric office beginning Feb. 1. Potential candidates are required to submit an election application and collect 20 member signatures from within their district by Friday, March 18. A map of the board districts is available at www.firelandsec.com/board-trustees.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF A FIRELANDS ELECTRIC TRUSTEE?
The Firelands Electric Cooperative Board of Trustees meets monthly to review the financial and operational data of your electric cooperative. Board members hear and discuss reports from the cooperative’s general manager and department supervisors, as well as provide guidance for management decisions.
The duties of a Firelands Electric trustee include:
- Attend all regular meetings on the 4th Tuesday of each month, the cooperative’s annual meeting in June, as well as other state, regional, and national meetings and training sessions.
- Determine the cooperative’s rate schedules and fees.
- Approve major work plans for ongoing maintenance and improvement of the cooperative’s distribution system.
- Approve contracts for financing, services, and power supply.
- Monitor the financial condition of the cooperative and make decisions on budgets and capital credits.
Representing your fellow members as a Firelands Electric trustee is an important job. Trustees must be dedicated and committed to the cooperative and its principles. They must strive to do what is best for the cooperative and all of its members, which may conflict with the desires of individual members or special-interest groups. Additional information is available at the links below or by calling our office at 1-800-533-8658.
The documents provided below can be accessed and printed by using Adobe Acrobat Reader (link is external).