Electric cooperatives support appropriate federal funding for renewable energy research and development, including incentives to fully utilize domestic resources that are available to all segments of the industry on an equitable basis. Electric cooperatives offer renewable options to 40 million Americans nationwide, and own more than 1.4 GW of renewable capacity, with long-term power purchase agreements for nearly 8.8 GW. Electric co-ops nationwide plan to add more than 6 GW of additional renewable capacity over the next few years, with more announced every day.
RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCE INFORMATION
- ENERGY STAR Tax Credits
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory - Energy Basics
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory - Solar Energy Basics
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory - Wind Energy Basics
- Ohio Development Services Agency
- Ohio Solar 101 - Avoid suprises later and tips to selecting a solar contractor!
- Touchstone Energy 10 Steps to Take Before Installing Solar [PDF] - Energy information to help answer questions you may have.
- Touchstone Energy - Solar Facts
- U.S. Department of Energy - Renewables
- U.S. Energy Information Administration - Energy Kids Renewable Energy Sources
PDF documents can be downloaded and printed using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you would more information regarding renewable energy, contact our Member Services department here or call 1-800-533-8658.