You can't see it, smell it, or hear it, but you can feel it. One touch can be deadly. Electricity always seeks the easiest path to the ground. It tries to find a conductor, such as a metal ladder or your body. If you touch an energized bare wire or faulty appliance while you are "grounded", electricity will instantly pass through you to the ground, causing injury or electrocution. Firelands Electric Cooperative is concerned about your safety too.
For more information, click here to contact our Member Services department or call the office at 1-800-533-8658.