Firelands Electric offers a rebate of up to $150 to members who purchase and install a Wi-Fi-enabled, ENERGY STAR-certified smart thermostat.
ELIGIBILITY FOR REBATE
- This rebate is only available to residential members of the cooperative. Commercial/industrial accounts are not eligible.
- Rebate will be paid to the member on record.
- A specific brand of thermostat is not required, but unit must be new and ENERGY STAR-certified. (For a list of ENERGY STAR-certified smart thermostats, visit www.energystar.gov/productfinder/product/certified-connected-thermostats.)
- Thermostat must also be connected to the high-speed internet / Wi-Fi in the member’s home and utilized as a “smart” thermostat.
- Units must be installed in compliance with the National Electric Code and local or Ohio Electric Code requirements.
- Member must complete and submit the Smart Thermostat Rebate form, available at HERE.
- Member will be required to supply a copy of purchase receipt and proof of ENERGY STAR-certification for the thermostat.
- The name and type of internet service available at the member’s home will need to be provided. See form for examples.
- Rebate amount is based on purchase price of the thermostat (taxes and installation are not included). Qualifying units will receive a rebate equal to 50% of the purchase price, up to a maximum of $150.
- Rebates are issued in the form of a credit to the member's electric account.
- A limit of two thermostat rebates may be paid per residential member home per program year.
- The equipment must be installed between July 1, 2023 and June 15, 2024.
*Firelands’ Smart Thermostat rebate budget is limited. Offer expires when funds are depleted on a first come, first served basis, or when the program is discontinued.